At the Book Guild Ltd, we’re committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy explains when, how and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, when we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may update this Policy so please check back on this page to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email or by writing to the Operations Director, 9 Priory Business Park, Leicester, LE8 0RX
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services, place an online order. The information we collect might include your name, registered and delivery addresses, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and any products you have ordered. If you make a purchase from us online, your card information is not held by us, but is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- process an order that you have made;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- send you communications which you have opted in to receive via the opt in forms on the appropriate pages.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for set periods. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity (ie., information about book orders will be retained for 6 months), or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
- We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
- We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing your requested tasks and providing contracted services to you on our behalf (for example, to process payments for book orders and to use a courier company to deliver that order to you). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: INSERT EMAIL or write to us at: Operations Director, 9 Priory Business Park, Leicester, LE8 0RX. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, we will respond to your request within 30 days. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email unless you have given your prior consent.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on web browsers. Non-sensitive details are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure it’s secure on our systems.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our 3rdparty suppliers are ever located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under review. This Policy was last updated in April 2018.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- your display preferences, such as contrast colour settings or font size
- if you have already replied to a survey pop-up that asks you if the content was helpful or not (so you won’t be asked again)
Also, some videos embedded in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you visited.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that some features of this site may not work as intended.
The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This website will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
The following are not strictly necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This website will:
- Track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This website will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook
- Allow you to share pages via Twitter
This website will not:
- Share any personal information with third parties, unless necessary for fulfillment of a contract, such as a book orders and event bookings.
- Host any advertising from third-party advertisers
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
This website is owned and operated by Book Guild, 9 Priory Business Park, Wistow Road, Kibworth, Leics LE8 0RX, UK. Company registered in England, registration number 09074569.